I used to be a calorie phobe and so I know what it’s like to feel impotent and a slave to these units of energy. I really believed that by counting calories and eating carefully measured amounts of food, I would finally have control over my body and be happy.
Well that didn’t happen, even when I could proudly claim that I was sticking to my calorie count with unquestionable loyalty. Except, despite wearing smaller clothes and getting a few more admirative glances from people I didn’t even know, I felt stressed and frustrated and bored. This counting of calories was boring and a drag. And it was weighing me down and eating had become a chore, rather than a time to fuel my body and have fun! I realized that I was a calorie phobe!
So I sat down and made a list of positive and negatives. And the negatives far outweighed the positive which was ‘everyone else thinks I look better’. Where the hell was I in my life?
Following on from that, I’ve put together a little quiz, based on my own experience and working with clients and without offering any medical advice. Give it a go and see how many you can apply to yourself.
Calorie Phobe Quiz*
1. You are always counting calories of the food you eat
2. You check the nutritional labels on food packages
3. You are desperate to lose or gain weight
4. You are convinced that your weight issues are linked to the food you eat
5. You feel that calories have more power of your life than you do
6. You know that a calorie is a unit of energy and yet you feel it has more impact than your own personal power
7. You are afraid to eat the foods you enjoy because you believe they will make you fat
8. You watch what you eat and drink like a hawk and it helps you feel like you are in control of your life
9. Every time you do give in to your cravings, you feel terrible afterwards and judge yourself
10. You feel life is unfair because it gave you the body you have and you can’t eat what you want
Did any of these sound like you? How many could you relate to?
In my opinion if you can relate with any of these, then you are limiting your true potential and living in a place of lack. How’s that working for you?
If so, would you like to change that? Then read on!
Alright! Then I would like to invite you to join me from 1st to 28th March 2017 for the 28 Days F.A.T Diet Programme. I run this programme 3 times a year because I too used to believe that a calorie had more power over my life than I did. And believe me, I tried almost every programme and technique there was to try to get control over these calories that were in charge of my life. Or so it seemed. Because that is what I believed!
One day, I woke up and realized that I was miserable. I was miserable because like I felt like I was a prisoner to calories. Can you relate?
And so I gave up my phobia around calories because I realized that energy was there to serve me. And I – yes ME – was responsible for how it served me.
So if you are over being a calorie phobe and letting this fear ruin your life and ultimately your health anyway, come and join my 28 Days F.A.T. Programme so that you can learn:
1. How to take back your own power over your emotions and body
2. Nourish yourself in a way that makes you healthy and happy, not miserable and afraid
3. Release the energy patterns that have kept you repeating the same old same over and over again
4. That your physical (your body) is closely linked to your emotional/mental (your mind) states and that these impact on your state of being (your soul)
5. Be happy with who you are, regardless of what you eat or your looks
Instead of spending your money on the next diet or calorie counter scheme, invest in yourself. The tools and confidence you will walk away with are well worth it. More details here http://goo.gl/SZhOYH.
Sign up below!
Any questions, please contact me.
Thank you and I look forward to supporting you in breaking free from your calorie phobia and being happy about who you are and the lifestyle you choose for yourself.
In Light and Appreciation
Trilby Johnson is an Author, Body Energy Alchemist and Speaker. She specializes in supporting forward-thinking change makers, coaches, spiritual entrepreneurs, healers and sensitives to connect the essence of who they truly are! They can then realize and align with their full potential for a happy, healthy and successful life! Trilby’s readers and clients love her work for one reason – Transformation! They arrive with emotional, mental and behavioural baggage and they leave with a new sense of Self and Purpose, Peace and Joy.
If you aren’t sure what’s the next move for you, contact me for an assessment consult so we can look at your options!
Please share your positive feedback and share this post.
©Trilby Johnson 2017. All Rights Reserved. *No part of this blog or quiz can be used elsewhere without written credit of the author.